In a welcome-back-from-summer-vacation memo to her Democrat colleagues this week, House Minority Leader Nancy “SanFranNan” Pelosi wrote: “We must Be Ready for the prospect that we will be in the majority in January.”
Unfortunately, this isn’t just pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking. The threat is real.
To win back the majority, House Democrats need to hold the seats they currently have and “flip” just 24 seats from “red” to “blue.”
And there are 25 GOP seats up for grabs in districts Hillary won in 2016.
As John McCormick and Gregory Giroux of Bloomberg wrote this week: “Republicans are bracing for a potential Democratic wave in November that would rip away their grip on the U.S. House.”
And Nicholas Fandos of the New York Times reported that Democrats are “increasingly optimistic they will win back control” in November.
He adds that “As a Democratic victory looks more likely,” Republicans have become “increasingly worried.”
Why? Because, as Fandos notes, that means “an onslaught of hearings, subpoenas and investigations into nearly every corner of the Trump administration.”
In fact, Democrats have already submitted “more than 50 subpoena requests” to the House Oversight Committee.
Indeed, Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) warns that if Democrats win back control of the House, “They are going to try to impeach” President Trump.
“With subpoenas and gavels,” Fandos reports, liberal Democrats “could begin to unearth impeachable offenses, and embarrassing public hearings could build a public case against Trump.”
And our president knows it.
“I will worry about that if it ever happens,” Trump said at a rally in Montana this week. “If it does happen, it’s your fault because you did not go out to vote. It’s the only way it could happen.”
Fortunately, voters in Nevada’s 3rd Congressional District are in a great position to stop this.
Republican Danny Tarkanian has one of the best chances in the entire United States to flip a “blue seat” to red in November, keep Republican control of the House, and block the Democrats’ impeachment plans.
The hunt for “Red November” starts here!
Susie Lee Blasts Nevada’s Congressional Democrats
Not that we’re complaining, but it seems strange that Nevada Democrat congressional candidate Susie Lee continues to slam her fellow Nevada Democrats in Congress on Twitter. Here’s a new one from this week…
“Lake Mead is expected to decrease to emergency levels by 2020. Our water crisis will only be solved by negotiating with neighboring states. We need leaders in Congress who can work across the aisle to get results for Nevada.”
Not sure exactly what Susie wants Reps. Dina Titus, Jacky Rosen and Ruben Kihuen to do – because Susie never seems to offer specifics on ANY issue – but it is telling that she thinks her fellow Democrats are dropping the ball and not getting the job done for Nevada in DC.
On that…we agree.
In the News
“We trust that sooner or later Susie Lee will realize that if she actually wants to be Congresswoman, she needs to speak with the senior community. It’s beyond disrespectful to all senior voters that Susie refuses to appear.” – Dan Roberts, The Vegas Voice, 9/6/18
On the Blog
- @SusieLeeNV continues to duck debates and hide from voters. When will Susie finally commit to my challenge of 3 debates and 3 town halls? The public deserves answers to their questions!
- @SusieLeeNV continues to turn down debate after debate because she’s afraid to face tough questions. Voters expect answers and Susie is doing everything she can to deny them – 3 debates, 3 town halls.
- I’m ready and willing to have a dialogue, but @SusieLeeNV seems to believe that she’s above debating and “too good” for any questions from the public.
- Perfect example of why @susieleenv keeps backing out of debates. She can only LIE to voters to get anyone to support her.
- POLITICO: “Planned Parenthood is pouring tens of millions into its ground game ahead of the midterms.” Obvious question: If the abortion provider has this kind of money to play politics, why should they continue to receive tax dollars?
- Almost 4 million new jobs have been created since President Trump’s election. Celebrate and enjoy Labor Day today. You’ve earned it. And Americans deserve it.
Quotes to Note
“[Overheard] President Trump has driven unemployment down so low, Colin Kaepernick was able to get a job.” – @LarryElder
“[Overheard] I returned a pair of Nike shoes yesterday for a refund, and the clerk asked me what was wrong with them. I told her they hurt my feet when I stood up for the national anthem.” – @LarryElder